You will not find much in the quiet little town of Warsaw, and that is a good thing. It is unspoiled by the sprawl of progress. A little more than an hour outside of Toronto, Warsaw holds in its grasp a hidden gem that not only has the makings of a great outing, but of a grand adventure as well: the Warsaw Caves.
Words or photos cannot do justice when describing the Warsaw Caves. Many hikers and adventurers will hold this wonderland in high regard once its features are discovered. It is quite difficult to find caves that will challenge spelunkers, but some of these caves will do so in spades. The hiking trail provides a view of a landscape of untouched beauty. Adults can take themselves as far as they please, and kids will enjoy the trek as well.
The Warsaw Caves has all the elements of a perfect outing:
- It has fantastic nature hiking.
- It is quiet and peaceful.
- It can be both physically and mentally challenging if desired.
- An entire day or more can be spent exploring.
- There are many interesting discoveries to be made.
If you want to make the most of your trip out to the Warsaw Caves, you should bring the following:
- A Helmet, to save your head in the caves.
- A flashlight or head light for your helmet, to see in the deep dark.
- Clothing you don't mind getting dirty.
- An extra change of clothing for the ride home.
- Gloves that have some traction, to hold onto rocks that are cold and wet.
- String to tie at the entrance of the cave so you can find your way out.
Rather than describe all the Warsaw Caves has to offer, it is recommended that you plan a day and go. It will be worth the trip. Be careful and have fun!
Rated by Members
Hours of Operation